If you cannot access a project line in the Timesheet or Expense table, here are the steps to check:
(1) Project Access
- In addition to the owner, the Project Manager gets access - in addition to people, you explicitly give Project Line access (as Project Line Resource or via Project Line Allocation).
- You can give users/resources access to the Project also via Project Allocation
- The Project needs to be Active and the status not "Closed"
(2) Project Line Access
- The Project Line the status needs to be not "Closed"
- If you select a Resource in the Project Line, that person gets access in addition to the Resources you assigned in Allocation - Project Line Allocation
- On the Project, you can select "Share all Lines" i.e. all people with access to the project will be able to access all lines
- On the Project, you can enter Resource Group names and Resource Type names in "Share all lines with" to give them access to all lines
- On the Project Line, you can select "Share all" - i.e. all Resources having access to this project also have access to this line
- On the Project Line, you can enter Resource Group names and Resource Type names in "Share with" to give them access to this line
The project should be Active and have the status of Started or Planned (or a custom status):
The Project Status should NOT be Completed or Drafting - if a project has that status it is not available for selection.
If the status is Planned (default), it is switched to Started as soon as you book time or expenses to the project.
The Project Line Status should have the status of Started or Planned (or a custom status):
The Project Line Status should NOT be Completed - if a project line has that status it is not available for selection.
Project Line Allocation / Sharing
Allocations allow to restrict the access to the Project Line - or worded differently, that multiple people can work on that project line. If you entered a Resource on Project Line (see above), only that person has access (for selection in Timesheet and Expense). If you want to allocate additional people, click the Allocation button.
If the user who should be able to select the Project Line is on the list, make sure that the Active flag is selected.
If not, you can add the user here. If the user should just have access to this specific Project Line, select the Add user only to this line - otherwise uncheck it.
You find additional info in Project Line Allocation.