The Document Type determines the document number and the document number format.
The default Document Types are created in the Welcome tab > Accountant section by clicking on the Create missing default Documents Types button.
You can create additional document types manually:
Typical examples are:
- differentiate between Services and Product invoices
- Prepayment Invoices (select Statistical)
- Quotes (select Statistical)
The Multiplier converts the document amount to an absolute accounted amount, so that e.g.
- AR Invoice of $20 is displayed as +20
- AR Credit Memo of $20 is displayed as -20