You can create Invoices from
- Projects - fixed price or time & material
- Time+Expense Reports
Resources can have Prices in multiple currencies and prices for specific Accounts or Projects. A user can also be linked to multiple Resources, e.g. for different roles like consultant and project manager.
For details see Resource Pricing in Resource. The resource price currency must match the project/invoice currency.
If you specified a Project Line, if defined, the Project Line Unit Price will be used (i.e. the price on Project Line has the highest priority).
If resource prices are used, you can add overhead by using an Activity Type with an overhead percent or you can specify an exact amount in Resource Pricing. If a exact amount is used, the overhead percent is ignored.
- Project Line
- Fixed Charge Amount
(i.e. not invoiced by hours)
- Resource Price for Project and Activity Type
- Resource Price for Project
- Resource Price for Contract and Activity Type
- Resource Price for Contract
- Resource Price for Account and Activity Type
- Resource Price for Account
- Resource Price for Activity Type
- Resource Price (general)
You can reference a Contract in the Project and or Invoice.
The Activity Type is often used to indicate overtime, travel or premium time (e.g. work on weekends, holidays or outside normal business hours). This allows to define prices and costs with specific amounts. Alternatively, you could use the overhead field on the Activity to calculate the amounts based on the percentage specified.
If there is no Resource Price for the priority level (Project, Contract, Account, General) with an Activity Type, the price without the Activity Type is used and if there is an Overhead defined on the Activity Type, the overhead percentage is added.
You can invoice expenses and also add overhead by using an Activity Type with an overhead percent. If the expense item is in a different currency, it is converted.
In the tab Pre-Billing, you can query the time and material records, which would be used in the invoice creation. You can use the tab to ensure
- i.e. all time and expense items created and approved
- i.e. selected if item is invoiced or not
- you can update the billing Flag
- Billing Rate
- based on pricing hierarchy (see above) and planned invoice date
- Cost Rate - based on Resource Price
Query the records based on the targeted Invoice Date
- optionally select the billing Account, Project/Phase/Line and/or Resource.
You can restrict the Time+Expense Items by date range and also include Not Approved items to check completeness.
The Estimated Billing and Cost Rates are saved in the T+E Item for reporting purposes. You can also start the calculation via batch, which can also be scheduled to have up-to-date Billing and Cost Rates for reports.
You can update the billing flag, check the rates and the service total.