The Timesheet is the convenient way to enter your time and submit it for approval. It concentrates on the time dimension of the Time Expense Item.
The Timesheet is organized by week. In addition to the Timesheet, you can
- Capture Time in Opportunities, Cases, Events or Tasks as well in custom objects
- Enter expenses (optionally with time) in the Expense Tab
- Check the time by day in the Timecard
- Combine Time and Expenses for a Visit
- Use the Mobile apps to record time as single entry for timesheet as well as expenses.
- Query records for week - to change date, resource, copy template, show weekends or daily descriptions
- Defaults - if nothing else entered in the Timesheet, these values are used as defaults
- Timesheet records
- Per Diem (optional) - no need to create separate expense report
- Other Items for the week - view already submitted time or expenses
By default, the timesheet displays the records for the user logged in for the current week.
You can change
- Resource - to enter / view time for someone else (assuming you have permission)
- T&E Date (1) - select any date for another week (will change to the start of the week)
There are several options to display and select your projects (dropdown list, dynamic search, ...) and project deliverables (lines). The ProjectMode is set in Custom Settings.
FieldSets allow you to show additional (custom) fields (e.g. Opportunity, Account, ...) and you can hide fields (e.g. Project, Activity Type, Billable, ...).
You can also add additional columns to copy (e.g. custom fields) via Custom Settings - Accorto Copy Columns.
Show weekends toggle to view the full week or just work days (default in Custom Settings).
For descriptions, you have a description column. If the standard 255 characters are too small, you can switch to a long field.
Another option is to enter daily description. Click on the Show daily descriptions (default in Custom Settings)
The time is maintained in decimal format (0.5 = 30 minutes). You can enter minutes, e.g. 90 (= 1.5h) or hours.
Save you entries or submit them. The Custom Settings allow to customize how to create reports (e.g. by Project) and hide options to streamline the process.
Copy from Template
You can also copy any Timesheet you previously submitted as a Template, if you usually work on the same projects. Select a previously submitted T+E Report and click the button (2) Query records for week.
This then copies the time records with Project, Activity Type, Account, Billable, so that you just need to fill in the hours and description. (for customization see below)
If you don't enter time for a particular line, it is ignored.
You can create/submit multiple Timesheets, in fact we support splitting the timesheet into multiple T+E Reports (e.g. for approval by different Project Managers).
You can view submitted Time Reports by
- Select a Date for that week (1)
- Click Query records for week (2)
- View the previously submitted time (yellow arrow above)
- By default you see the not submitted time items. Change to a specific Time report (3)
- If the report was submitted, you can only view it
- If rejected, you can change the items, and delete and add lines
- You can also view Other Time/Expense Items for the week at the bottom of the tab
You can optionally directly enter Per Diems in the Timesheet. If not used, you can hide the section.
Set up the different Per Diems in Financial Accounts by setting up the different expenses with fixed amounts and selecting the Per Diem Flag.
Just select the per diem for the date and optionally select a project and enter a description.
Per diems can be submitted in the Time report or separately (e.g. with additional expenses).
For combining Time with expenses, check Visit.
If you link to the Timesheet, you can use parameters for the resource and date for the initial load.
Note that there are many settings to customize the appearance and behavior of the Timesheet entry. For details see Custom Settings.
If you have many Projects, please check Project Display Options (ProjectMode).
You can also add Custom Fields to the Timesheet - or hide not used columns.
Tips & Hints
Resource field not populated
If the Resource field is not automatically populated, make sure that there is a resource for the user and that the User link in the Resource is populated. You can also automatically create or update the resources from user records; For details see Resource.
Change a created T&E Report
After you submitted the timesheet for approval and want to change the T&E report, you have the following options:
- if it is already approved, just create adjusting entries and submit these
- if it is not approved, you may be able to recall the report and change the lines in the report.
- You could now also delete the report. Deleting the report does not delete the T&E lines - they will appear (as usual) in the timesheet and you can modify them there.
Entering Time for Others
You can enter time for others by selecting a different Resource. The user you enter time for must have granted access. See Time Expense Report for setup details.
Copy from Template - Additional columns
If you want to copy additional fields (e.g. description, hours, ...), you can define the fields to copy in
> Setup > Custom Settings - Manage Accorto Copy Columns (see details)
Note that you need to use the fully qualified names e.g. accorto_TE_Item__c . accorto__Description__c
and if you want to copy hours, you need to copy column accorto__Hours__c and the daily values accorto__x1__c ... accorto__x7__c.
The same applies to the daily descriptions (accorto__d1__c ... accorto__d7__c).