The Timesheet (or timecard) is the convenient way to enter your time and submit it for approval. It concentrates on the time dimension of the Time Expense Item.
The Timesheet is organized by week. In addition to the Timesheet, you can Capture Time in Opportunities, Cases, Events or Tasks as well in custom objects. Another option to record time is the Mobile application and the Time Expense Table.
- Query records for week - to change date, resource, copy template, show weekends or daily descriptions
- Defaults - if nothing else entered in the Timesheet, these values are used as defaults
- Timesheet records
- Per Diem (optional) - no need to create separate expense report
- Other Items for the week - view already submitted time or expenses
By default, the timesheet displays the records for the user logged in for the current week.
You can change
- Resource - to enter / view time for someone else (assuming you have permission)
- T&E Date - select a date for another week
You can also copy any other Timesheet you previously submitted as a Template, if you usually work on the same projects. You can add additional columns to copy (e.g. custom fields) via Custom Settings - Accorto Copy Columns.
You can optionally directly enter Per Diems in the Timesheet. You set up the different Per Diems in Financial Accounts by setting up the different expenses with fixed amounts and selecting the Per Diem Flag.
Just select the per diem for the date and optionally select a project and enter a description.
Note that there are many settings to customize the appearance and behavior of the Timesheet entry. For details see Custom Settings.
If you have many Projects, please check Project Display Options.
You can also add Custom Fields to the Timesheet.
Tips & Hints
Resource field not populated
If the Resource field is not automatically populated, make sure that there is a resource for the user and that the User link in the Resource is populated. You can also automatically create or update the resources from user records; For details see Resource.
Change a created T&E Report
After you submitted the timesheet for approval and want to change the T&E report, you have the following options:
- if it is already approved, just create adjusting entries and submit these
- if it is not approved, you may be able to recall the report and change the lines in the report.
- You could now also delete the report. Deleting the report does not delete the T&E lines - they will appear (as usual) in the timesheet and you can modify them there.
Entering Time for Others
You can enter time for others by selecting a different Resource. The user you enter time for must have granted access. See Time Expense Report for setup details.