By default, Time+Expense Information is stored in a weekly record, but you may want to report daily or by date range.
The Object T+E Item Day allows you to handle your reporting needs and can be extended via formulas, etc.
The object stores daily records referencing the original Time Expense Item with the additional
- the actual day (T+E Day) with the Hours and/or Receipt Amount and description
- first day of the week - for weekly summary reports
You create the records by going to the Tab T+E Item Day
- In Classic, click on the Help - or
- Select any record and choose any record action like Edit, Delete, Clone or New
This opens the Manage page:
- Enter Date Range from/to
- Create the info synchronously for a small date range or Start Batch
- Validate updates the records in the date range.
- Delete not needed records with a date range
You would select the Batch (async) method if you expect more than 5,000 records to be processed (or if the click on Create creates a Salesforce Governor limit error).
Another option is to immediately create the records:
> Setup > Custom Settings -- Manage - Accorto Settings
set "Item Day update immediately" to yes
Use in Reports
"T&E Items with T&E Item Days"
From "T&E Item Day" - select fields like T&E Date, Hours, etc.
from the "T&E Item" - select references like Project, Account, etc.