You can send invoices per email directly from the Invoice tab. The invoice emails can be based on an email template (provided or own) and you can overwrite email subject, html/plain content.
Send the email from your email or an organization-wide address.
Use the Reload button when you changed the Template or the Invoice Account Contact.
When the email with the pdf is sent, the pdf is attached to the invoice record and the Last Email Sent is updated.
Add Organization-Wide Address
In Setup, optionally add an organization-wide address. This allows sending emails from a department, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Review / Create Email Template
Setup > Email > Classic Email Templates
We provide an Email Template "Invoice Email Template"
- Using Organization Name
- Using Invoice Owner Signature
- Standard Invoice Layout attached as pdf
You can create your own the templates:
- Select: HTML (using Classic Letterhead)
- We do not use the Letterhead, just the content
- The Email Template Name must include "Invoice"
- Email Template: select "Free Form Letter"
- The Subject is not used