The Resource Costs (per hour) can be maintained on Resource level and/or Resource Price level.
The Resource Cost Mgt options are
- price - only use Resource Price costs
- usually used for contractors
- resource - always use Resource costs
- maintain the resource costs centrally, no need to define/set the costs on every Resource Price
- fallback - default
- use the Resource costs if Resource Price costs are not defined
If you use the "resource" option, the costs entered in the resource prices is ignored and read-only in the Rate Management
On the Resource, you can enter the Resource Costs, e.g.
Resource Price costs
In this case, if the Resource Cost Mgt is
- price - USD 90 would be used
- resource - USD 220 would be used (i.e. resource price costs are ignored)
- fallback - USD 90 would be used as defined in the resource price record and as it is the same currency
If you are using Multi-Currency, the Resource price is only used if the Resource Price has the same currency.