Accorto supports Sales Tax and integrates with Avalara to calculate the Sales Tax for your Invoices.
In this section, we describe
- how to Connect to AvaTax
- how to enter the Tax Codes
Additional Sales Tax related documentation:
- Account Tax Setup (the tax "ship to")
- Resource (Consultant) Tax Location (the tax "ship from")
- Invoice Sales Tax
Remote Site Settings
Connect to AvaTax
From the Welcome Tab - click on the Accountant section - and click on the Sales Tax Setup (Avalara) link
The Avalara Tax Setup allows you to enter AvaTax credentials for your production and Avalara Sandbox environment and determine, which you would use. When you create a Salesforce Sandbox, make sure that you also select a Tax Sandbox.
You need to provide
- Account Id
- License Key
After entering the credential information, you can select the company and test the connection:
Tax Code Setup
In Setup > Picklist Value Sets select the Global Value Set Tax Code
You can search for the Tax Codes on the page: https://taxcode.avatax.avalara.com/
Enter the tax code with some description.
Here we add some examples - make sure to select that the picklist values are added for all Record Types.
You can delete, deactivate or edit the options to ensure you just have the tax Codes applicable for your situation - and select a default value.
You can select the tax code in various places:
- Invoice Line -- the actually used Tax Code, you can default it from the places below
- Product -- if a Salesforce Product is selected in the invoice line
- Activity Type -- if entered overwrites the the value in Propject Line/Project
- Projecty Line -- if entered overwrites the value on the Project