You can display Tasks in a queryable Kanban view. In addition to the standard Kanban functionality in Salesforce, you can
- determine which task Status codes you want to see (defaults to open status codes)
- select one or more users (if you have access) as task owners (defaults to all)
- restrict the Activity Date (due date) range
- restrict to particular checklists, tasks without a checklist or any tasks (default)
- restrict to a particular priority or record type if used
In addition to this, you have the usual options as in the Task Management or Timeline
- Show additional task fields
- Micro Tasks
- Inline Edit
You can add the Task Kanban component to any page. If on a record page, the Tasks displayed are restricted to that particular record.
You can cange the status of a Task by gragging it to a different status column.
Note that this is restricted if you have Micro Tasks - you might have to complete or uncomplete the micro tasks to change the status (but you can move a task with open micro tasks to the Canceled status).