The time and expenses in T&E Item records are stored on a weekly basis. This will create inaccuracies if you need to create reports for an exact day range - like monthly.
In the T&E Item record, you will find the following date fields
- T&E Date -- the start of the week date
- T&E Date First -- the first day with hours
- T&E Date Last -- the last day with hours
- T&E Date First Month -- the first day of the month based on the T&E Date
- Receipt Date -- the day of the actual receipt
We created the T&E Item Day for day accurate reporting. The records are created automatically and can be recreated.
In general, you use the fields in T&E Item Day
- T&E Day
- Receipt Amount
and use the references like Project, Resource, etc. from the base T&E Item object
To create a new report, select the Report Type T&E Items with T&E Item Days
and then select the T&E Day and Hours fields from T&E Item Day (yellow) and the rest from T&E Item (collapsed)