Time Off allows you to track Vacation entitlement and use.
The user requests vacations in the tab Times Off
The actual vacation time used is tracked by selecting a "Vacation Project" in the time sheet.
View the tab Time Off View allows users and managers to query the records and see the current balance.
Time Off requests have the following Record Types:
- Request (entered by the user)
- Entitlement (generated from Time Off Accruals)
- Earned (generated from Time Off Accruals)
- Use (generated from T&E entries)
- Adjustment (manual administrator entry)
- Admin Layout - with access to all Time Off Record Types
- Vacation Layout - with access to Request only
(in section Page Layouts, click on the Page Layout Assignment button)
By default, the Vacation Layout is assigned to all profiles, just the Administrator has the Admin Layout.
Project - Payroll Code
You create the actual use link as follows:
In tab Payroll Codes, create or se a payroll code with the Indicator "Vacation" selected.
Create or select a Vacation Project, by selection the Payroll Code in tab Projects.
Alternatively, you can use an Activity Type and select the Vacation Payroll Code there.
A background process creates the link from the T&E Item with a Use record.
To schedule the process, go to Setup > Develop > Apex Classes and click the "Schedule Apex" button
- Enter a name
- Select the TimeOffActual Apex class
- In Frequency select Weekly
If the actual vacation use does not show, make sure that the the vacation time is reported with a project or activity type with a Vacation payroll ode.