Time Off allows you to track Vacation entitlement and use. Check the Overview.
To request Time Off
- Go to the Tab Time Off Request and enter the info
- - or go to the tab Time Off View and click on the "New Time Off Request"
- - or go to the Tab Times Off and click New
Enter the request in days or hours. If entered in days, the request is converted to hours based on the daily Capacity in Resource. You can setup the system, so that the hours are not displayed.
The records created in Tab Time Off Request are automatically submitted, if created manually, submit your Request for approval.
You can check your requests
- tab Time Off Request - view history and current balance
- tab Time Off View - with the history and current balance
- Salesforce Calendar
You record your vacation / time off by selecting a Vacation Project or Activity Type in the Timesheet. Once the time is approved, a Use Record Type (rather than Request) is created.
You can modify the Time Off request as follows:
- Cancel the Time Off - this removes the impact on the Vacation balance
- Create a new Time Off request with a negative value in days or hours - e.g. for partial cancellation of a previous time off request
When you take the the Vacation, it is entered via the Timesheet (using a Vacation Project or a Vacation Activity Type). An actual record is created as a separate "Use" record.
The Request record is set to 0 - so there is no need to cancel the request, if the Time Off request was not taken. Once the time is passed for the request, the hours are set to 0 (you can still view the requested hours). In that sense the request is just the placeholder until the actual Use record is created.
You can view the originally requested hours (Orig in the tab above). When the Time Off request is rejected or cancelled, the hours impacting the balance are also reset with the original hours copied for information.
Time Off requests have the following Record Types:
- Request (entered by the user)
- Entitlement (generated from Time Off Accruals)
- Earned (generated from Time Off Accruals)
- Use (generated from T&E entries)
- Adjustment (manual administrator entry)
- Admin Layout - with access to all Time Off Record Types
- Vacation Layout - with access to Request only
(in section Page Layouts, click on the Page Layout Assignment button)
By default, the Vacation Layout is assigned to all profiles, just the Administrator has the Admin Layout.
Project - Payroll Code
You create the actual use link as follows:
In tab Payroll Codes, create or se a payroll code with the Indicator "Vacation" selected.
Create or select a Vacation Project, by selection the Payroll Code in tab Projects.
Alternatively, you can use an Activity Type and select the Vacation Payroll Code there.
A background process creates the link from the T&E Item with a Use record.
To schedule the process, go to Setup > Develop > Apex Classes and click the "Schedule Apex" button
- Enter a name
- Select the TimeOffActual Apex class
- In Frequency select Weekly
If the actual vacation use does not show, make sure that the the vacation time is reported with a project or activity type with a Vacation payroll ode.